Re: [Nautilus-list] Fixing warnings?

> What's the policy for committing fixes for warnings in the Nautilus
> source? Since warnings are being treated as errors, I'm getting
>
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> ntl-uri-map.c: In function `my_notify_when_ready':
> ntl-uri-map.c:340: warning: passing arg 2 of `oaf_query' from incompatible
> pointer type
>
> Sure, I could just turn off -Werror, but it's just as easy to actually fix
> the problem. In these circumstances, is it okay to just commit a fix or
> should patches be sent?

It's OK to commit a fix to anything, warning or error, if you are sure that
it is correct. But since there are many people who check out and build
Nautilus every day, there's a good chance a warning is something specific to
you. Because of this, you should probably post to the list instead of
committing unless you are sure.

In this case, I think you have an old OAF.

    -- Darin