[Nautilus-list] Re: [Specifying idl path.]

Having thought about this a little more, using $GNOME_PATH shouldn't be
necessary for compiling things. Is there a analogy for
$CFLAGS that can be used for passing arguments to the orbit-idl program?
Are there any conventions for setting paths to idl files?

Also why doesn't orbit-idl exit with an error code when it encounters an
error? It prints an error message but make keeps on going afterward.

>Anthony Richardella <zorc3 netscape net> wrote:
>While compiling Nautilus I ran into this problem. I've kept my base gnome
>libraries in /usr and installed the libraries necessary to get Nautilus
>running in $prefix_something_else to keep them separate. I added the new
>directory to my GNOME_PATH. This worked until Nautilus went to compile >one
of
>it's idl files which depended on a idl in Bonobo. The make script got the
>idl
>path from
>
>gnome-config --cpath idl
>
>which returned -I/usr/share/idl. Therefore it couldn't find the Bonobo >idl.
If