Re: [muine] Streaming support , itunes sharing support

Peter Johanson wrote:
For DAAP, the DAAP server actually says "Here's all the songs/albums
available to be streamed!" This makes the DAAP use case still "Add a
song, or add an Album", the songs/albums just happen not to be hosted
locally, but streamed. That's a bit simplified, but that's the main
reason that integrating DAAP won't be as painful/model-breaking as
internet radio streams.

My point exactly, but I didn't really state it clearly I think.

To let the cat out of the bag a bit, I've started the initial work on
Jorn's group proposal
(http://muine-player.org/wiki/ProposalGroupsAndPlaylistFilling), and I
think this will provide a nice way to integrate the DAAP stuff, as any
given DAAP share exported can appear as a group. That's my current hope
at least; I'm going to try to either extend that proposal, or make an
auxiliary proposal that includes consideration of things like DAAP
support (I'm 95% sure that DAAP support will be able to be implemented
*entirely* as a plugin with the groups stuff, btw).

I like that idea. Here's a bit of brainstorming: within an extended group proposal, it would also be possible to have a group for mp3 players and such. Just plug it in, have a muine plugin detect it and automagically add a group for it, et voila... Of course, only playing songs from such a player would be supported. It's not muine's task to put music on it IMO.

regards,

Joachim