[Muine] Some ideas to approve the search - internationalization

Hi all,

I have some ideas how to improve the search in muine. I think it would
be nice to have a real unicode search-mechanism. As I can see, dots
currently becomes ignored while searching. This is nice, but should be
extended a bit. What's about introducing a mechanism for umlauts, french
extensions, cyrillic stuff to handle them as there ASCII-equivalents.
I want to illustrate my idea a bit:

Original	HTML/Unicode	Handled as 		Language
   ä       |     ä      |         ae          |       de
   ö       |     ö      |         oe          |       de
   ü       |     ü      |         ue          |       de

Maybe it would be sensible to have something like this integrated more
on the base, e.g. in mono. But I'm not sure.

What do you think?

Greets, Lars
--
name: Lars Strojny         web: http://strojny.net