[Muine] Re: Segfault

Robert Wittams wrote:
Hi,

I'm using muine 0.8.2 from ubuntu hoary packages.

When I run muine, the main window appears, then I get a segfault.

This goes away if I use gconf-editor to get rid of the directory I set ( where my music is).

Then, if I set it again, the segfault occurs, along with ---

robert milk:~ $ muine
failed to read() from server connection
end from FAM server connection
Segmentation fault

Any further launches result in a segfault as soon as the main window comes up.

So, maybe this is an issue with gamin ( which ubuntu uses instead of fam ). This uses inotify which is patched into the ubuntu kernel.
I use xfs as the filesystem to store my music, but not my home dir.
Could there be some interaction between these systems?

Should I try to get more info, or file a bug against muine?

Rob

I found that this was caused by an mp3 file that did not have a file extension. I renamed it so it did have a .mp3 extension and the segfault went away.

I'll file a bug.