Re: [Muine] compiling the dot-net stuff ...

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 11:45 +0100, Gábor Farkas wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm using ubuntu, where the provided gtk-sharp libraries are only the
> stable (not the 1.9.*) one..
>
> is it possible to compile the 1.9.* ones into a separate place?
> so that it will not overwrite/override the ubuntu-installed packages?
>
> preferable i'd like to put them into /usr/local...
>
> i'm asking because i've used gentoo before, where i had the same
> problem... i compiled gtk-sharp-1.9.* from source, and it worked fine,
> but for example i had to recompile tomboy (which was "linked" with
> gtk-sharp-1.0.*)... so this time i'd like to avoid that mess ;)
>
> so, any recommendations?

I've already done this for debian (I'm the muine maintainer) and they
are packaged and install in a separate place to gtk-sharp v1, and work
just fine.

Get them at http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/people/cmdjb/2004/muine/devel/

You should be able to rebuild the packages yourself for your ubuntu
linux.

Dave