Re: [Muine] Patch - Drag and drop

Hi,

I've been trying to clean this up some more, and it is a pain, pain,
pain. I can't promise when I'll get the energy to give it another shot.

At least, I can outline the main problems here, and maybe somebody else
with motivation and a lot of time can tackle the thing.

The first issue that once notices as a user with tihs patch is that DND
reorder within the playlist breaks, cant drag before the first item,
etc.

But, the big issue is that this patch shamelessly mixes gtk row
reordering code with not reordering dnd material, and it results in a
horrible, horrible mess, which is bound to break with any kind of subtle
change within the gtktreeview dnd code. What we need is our own treeview
dnd implementation, from scratch, supporting both reordering and
dragging things into a position within the treeview, using an image of
the row as dnd image, highlighting within the treeview where things will
be dropped, etc. And while at it might just as well add multi row
reordering.

Maybe we could gather a little money and make a bounty for this one,
hehe :P

Cheers,

Jorn

�el kenal p�al (p�v, 3. oktoober 2004, 16:32-0400), kirjutas
Sean Egan: