Re: [Muine] little UI fix

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 17:00 +0100, K Balaev wrote:
> hi,
>
> attached are the patches that add song position slider
> to the main window. Its absence was the first thing I
> noticed when I ran Muine for the first time a couple of days
> ago. :)

This has been discussed in the past. Jorn has decided to keep a slider
off the main UI because its rarely used, and adds clutter. I have yet to
hear of anyone as why there's no position slider. Seems many people are
capable of living without it. We're welcome to reasoning as to why it is
needed, though. :)

> I'm getting familiar with the code now. What
> can you suggest as a simple task to do for a beginner?

Awesome! Take a look at the open bugs in GNOME's bugzilla[1], and see if
you can fix any of them. Also take a look at the TODO[2], there's a
number of items in there to take a look at. Idling on this list, and in
the IRC channel[3] are two other good ideas.

> cheers,
> Hasan

1: http://bugzilla.gnome.org/
2: http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/muine/TODO?view=markup