[Muine] Separate album entry for tracks on iPod

Hi all,

I've been using Muine a while now -- it's a great music player.

Today I got back from holiday and plugged in my iPod full of music
from a friend I was staying with. As I am running low on disk space, I
just pointed the Muine Add Folder dialog at my mounted iPod. Muine
went through and added the tracks; however there is a problem.

The problem is that each of the added songs has its own entry in the
Play Album listing. So for each new album I have ten or so entries in
the Play Album list. The album names and artist names are all correct
-- my friend is *very* careful to tag things correctly and retags most
stuff if it is downloaded -- so I don't think it is due to the tags
being different. The tags are id3v1 if that makes a difference.

Could the strange file organisation on the iPod be a cause of this?
For one thing the songs are stored in many different folders per album
due to the way the iPod works (as far as I can tell).

The metadata all seems to be imported correctly, it just seems that
Muine isn't consolodating Artist/Album pairs into a single album entry
for some reason... The songs also seem to play correctly and album
cover art recovery seems to work too.

The songs were imported on Windows using Foobar2000 rather than iTunes.

--
Mike