Re: [Muine] Updated groups proposal

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 10:20 +0200, Viet Yen Nguyen wrote:

> > I did some minor additions/changes to the groups proposal. It is at the
> > same location:
> > http://huizen.dds.nl/~jbaayen/proposal.html
>
> The first dialog, perhaps it is an idea to add a string like "Group
> contents" just above the treewidget (just like the main playlist window,
> which says "Playlist (.. minutes remaining)". This would give a better
> indication of the meaning of the treewidget. You could even provide more
> information by this, like "Group contents (total playtime of 49
> minutes)"

Right- I tried doing this but it looked odd. I found a "middle ground"
which looks quite OK IMHO - let me know what you think.

(Though, I don't think we should have "total playtime of XX minutes"
here, because groups are just groups of music, not ordered, and
therefore having a total playtime wouldnt really make sense, either .. )

> Secondly, I believe the three buttons "Add Album" "Add Song" and "Remove
> Selection" should be ordered differently. As the "Add Album" and "Add
> Song" are probably more often used, I think the buttons would be better
> ordered by "Remove Selection" "Add Song" "Add Album". The sequence of
> "Add Song" and "Add Album" has been taken from the main playlist window,
> in which these buttons also appear in this order.

Right - changed.

> Lastly, although the Delete button is in place of the context of a
> group, users could also see it as a button to delete a song. Perhaps by
> tagging it with "Delete Group" would make it more distinguishable.

I actually replaced the delete button with a "New group" button, which I
think is much more used. "Delete" is now only in the menus.

> > - I added a button in the main UI to open the "playlist filling" stuff.
> > Not quite happy with this yet ...
>
> I feel the same too, but it seems this is currently the best solution.
> Perhaps users will come up with a better one once it in place.

Yea..

Updated proposal at the usual location: http://huizen.dds.nl/~jbaayen/
proposal.html

Thanks,