[mlview-list] MlView development news: the 0.9 codeline

Hello,

After the release of 0.8, I have created a mlview--main--0.9 "branch" in GNU ARCH.
That branch contains the new C++ code base and becomes now the main development branch.
For now on, mlview--main--0.8 will be only used for bugfixes in the 0.8 codeline, should
any bugfix happen there.

mlview--main--0.9 is mirrored in CVS HEAD. Yes, CVS HEAD is now packed with the new
C++ codebase. You can check it out as soon as the anonymous GNOME CVS mirror is updated .

The mlview 0.8 codebase is in the mlview-0-8 branch, in CVS. That branch should be considered
as "dead" as all the new stuffs will be happening in CVS HEAD.

The short term focus of the 0.9 codeline will be around

	-a new preference dialog
	-a new view system that will bring new user experience w.r.t
	 editing views.
        -better HIG compliance
	-continue the C++ porting effort so that more classes look like
	 good C++ citizens.
	-fix the bugs :-)
	-integrate whatever patch I receive :-)

I'd like to push development tarballs out regularly so that
people can easily compile and test the beast. Those development tarballs
can be found at http://www.mlview.org/tarballs. I have dropped the
tarball that contains the new code base at
http://www.freespiders.org/projects/gmlview/tarballs/mlview-0.8.200507050.tar.gz, in case
some people feel like hacking a bit or submiting bugs.

Thank you for reading so far.

Cheers,

Dodji.