Re: [mlview-list]Completion table and document/DTD association (bug #127125)

Hi,

Le sam 17/01/2004 à 16:32, Nicolas Centa a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> 	In fact it seems impossible to know when completion can be done on a
> specific node, because completion can be done on invalid nodes.

I am sorry but that's not true. Let's say you have an elmement name
which name is E. Let's say you want to get :
* the names of the elmement that you can insert just before A (pre[A])
* the names of the elements that you can insert just after A (next[A])
* the names of the elements that you can insert as children of A
(children[A]) .

Today, the API we rely on to get pre[A],next[A] and children[A] requires
that A be valid. Otherwise, either the returned pre[A], next[A] or
children[A] will be an incorrect list.

So a simple rule of dumb would be just to disable the completion for a
given element when that element is not valid.

All the best,

Dodji.