Re: Summer of Code

On 5/2/06, tonic <ghatanothoa gmail com> wrote:
Hi there,

I am a student from New Zealand and I am looking to submit a project for
the Google Summer of Code program. I would be obliged if anybody who is
interested (particularly possible mentors ;) ) could take a look at my
project idea and give me feedback before I submit my project.

http://massey.kaos.org.nz/personal/glasstop/

Also, I wouldn't at all mind getting involved anyway. I expect I'll have
to go start reading bug reports... :)

cheers,

tonic - Russell Lomax

You may want to check out some older window managers for prior art
of representing large virtual roots. There was quite a bit of variation
before workspaces became the predominant metaphor. gwm had a
"hyperbolic pager" and "doors", IIRC.