Re: how to focus on desktop automatically if no windows open?
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>
- Cc: Gnome List <gnome-list gnome org>, Brandon Kuczenski <brandon 301south net>, metacity-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: how to focus on desktop automatically if no windows open?
- Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 21:39:52 -0500
On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 15:49 -0600, Shaun McCance wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 14:28 -0500, Brandon Kuczenski wrote:
> > I'm using Gnome 2.10.2 on Debian. Sometimes I like to use the keyboard
> > instead of the mouse to navigate the desktop. However, if I close a
> > window (using, e.g., M-F4) I go into what appears to be a 'no-focus'
> > state: pressing the arrow keys, tab key, enter, etc.. doesn't do anything.
> > I know I can bind a key to "Hide all windows and focus the desktop" in the
> > Keyboard Shortcuts dialog; is there any way to focus the desktop by
> > default if no windows are open?
> Not to my knowledge, but this seems like a pretty reasonable
> behavior for Metacity (Gnome's window manager) to have. I'm
> CCing metacity-devel-list.
Metacity is doubtless focusing something or other. Try typing and see
what it is...
] [Thread Prev