Re: how to use memprof 0.5.1 with out gui mode

On 25/01/06, kusanapudi rama krishna <k_rk79 hotmail com> wrote:
>    i want to use memprof tool with out the gui mode, how to do that, since
> we are using text console please help me.

I don't know of a way to do that. In theory it should be possible to
write a non-gui client for the memprof intercept lib. (Just as, in
theory, the memprof intercept protocol could go over a network socket
rather than a unix domain socket, to allow "memprof on embedded").

But are people still using memprof?

It seems many people are now using valgrind with 'massif'. This will
generate a .txt summary file and a postscipt graph, suitable for
viewing offline.

jb