Cannot read word

When I run memprof to find leaks in my programs I get lots and lots of
warnings like this:

** (memprof:20064): WARNING **: Cannot read word 0/242 in block 0x86b58000: Input/output error

I also get lots of leaks that are probably false hits (caused by the above
I guess). Is this a sign of a bug in memprof or just some limitation?

The program I'm trying to debug is a c++ program using lots of stl (and
most leaks seems to be related to stl).

Any comments on the situation would be appreciated.

--
/Dennis