Re: Patch: Error messages

On Wed, 2002-09-25 at 10:57, Owen Taylor wrote:

> It shouldn't be necessary to update the toolbar when we
> think we've made a change in the status - rather, we should
> simply update the toolbar in response to the ::status_changed
> signal (status_changed_cb).

Good point.  I was really nervous about littering the code with calls to
update_toolbar().  I modified my code to perform the update when
status_changed_cb() is called, and it looks like it works in most
cases.  I will include the change in an updated patch.

Now that I know I'm on the right track, I will make the appropriate
changes to handle the menu items as well.

Thanks,

--
Devin Heitmueller
Senior Software Engineer