using meld to resolve cvs conflicts

I'm trying to write a wrapper around CVS that would prevent people from
checking in bogus code.  One of the things it should do is force CVS
conflicts to be resolved.  I'd like to use meld as a graphical conflict
resolver.  The problem is, `cvs up` places both versions in the same
file, like this:

<<<<<<< driver.c
    exit(nerr == 0 ? EXIT_SUCCESS : EXIT_FAILURE);
=======
    exit(!!nerr);

Can meld be used on a such a formatted file?  I don't really want to
make a script to make two different version from the dual-version copy
and then diff those unless I have to.

Thanks.

--
This email is the personal views of the sender, and does not necessarily
reflect the views of SchoolCenter.