Re: Getting started on Ubuntu

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 21:00 +0100, Trond Andersen wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've used Meld and I really like the application, but there are a few
> things which I would like to see fixed and I was thinking of looking
> into the code myself.
>
> Currently I'm running Ubuntu Linux 4.10 and I have only written some
> scripts in Python. Are there anybody who have written something on how
> to get started doing development with Meld? If not - how do I get
> gnomeglade package available? I've tried to install python glade
> related packages for Ubuntu, but still not getting the meld running
> from the source.

Hi Trond, sorry for the delay in replying - somehow I missed your mail.

If you're thinking about looking at the meld code, your best bet is to
look at the stable branch (which corresponds with the 0.9.x series). The
head is still quite unstable.

cvs -d :pserver:... co -r branch-0_9 meld

Good luck!
Stephen.