Re: Question/Feature-request.

> I've added a new state called STATE_OUTDATED and the needed texstyle and
> pixstyle.

Yes, this looks good. You've deciphered quite a lot!

> I added to _lookup_cvs_files () to check for updated files but have hit a
> snag. It seems there may be no way to know from "Entries[.Log]" to know if a newer
> revision exists in the repository.

AFAIK the only way to do this is to run "cvs -n update" and look for
"U" entries. One complication is that you may have to include
"M" entries too.

The other complication is that there are really two outdated states,
depending on whether the local file is modified or not.

> Also, I've added a button to CVSview called Outdated.  It appears (without
> image) and toggles but the filter is not applied.  On or off, the outdated
> files show up in the list.

How about making this a normal button and connecting it to a method
which will do the "cvs -n update" parsing and update the state of
the affected elements?

Part of the problem is perhaps that the cvs view was designed mostly
as a commit reviewing interface. Thinking about this again, what you're
doing is quite ambitious :)

Stephen.

BTW have you looked at eclipses "synchronise" perspective. Very
nice indeed. I'd like to steal bits from it ;)