Re: Monotone VCS support

On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 12:01 -0500, cdklarmann gmx de wrote:
> thx a lot for the patch. I try to start your monotone module for 'meld'
> automatically during merge and propagate conflicts, but don't find the right
> way. How can I start meld with your plugin in a way like:
> meld --load-modules=monotone <file1> <file2> <file3> <merged_file>

The monotone support in meld is not intended to assist with merging. The
monotone support allows you to perform a two-way compare/merge by
comparing the local filesystem with the head of your local monotone
database. You consider it to provide a much more powerful alternative to
'monotone diff'. I generally use meld for pre-checkin reviews since it
makes it so easy to revert accidental changes.

You may be confused because meld is already supported (by monotone) as a
three way merge tool to resolve merge conflicts. See the default hook in
the user manual or monotone source code for exact details. This support
existed well before I wrote any monotone support for meld.

If you want help with the meld support in monotone I suspect you would
be better off asking your question on the monotone mailing list.

--
Daniel Thompson (Merlin) <daniel redfelineninja org uk>
signature.asc? http://www.redfelineninja.dsl.pipex.com/signature.html

Did Sigmund's wife wear Freudian slips?