Re: Quoting of variables in fsusage.m4 and ls-mntd-fs.m4

Pavel Tsekov wrote:
On Fri, 26 May 2006, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:

Hi Roland,

You didn't add a change log entry for your quote fixes(?), only a CVS
log entry. Could you add one?

Are these variables really worth quoting? They seem to be either "yes"
or "no". If they are worth quoting you might want to report this to the
coreutils maintainers.

Heh. I wrote the same mail to Roland just after I saw his changes, but off-list. He didn't bother to respond though. IMO the quoting doesn't make a lot of sense but in some obscured cases it could help i.e. setting those
variables manually via the environment.

The quoting hid one bug that appeared due to one variable being used, which had never been defined before. I think it has been fixed upstream.

Roland