Re: deb-support-without-dpkg.patch was Re: AMC patches ported to mc-2006-02-03-13.tar.gz

Hello Pavel,

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 17:50 +0200, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> rw-r--r-- 250/250  50188 Nov  4 04:56 2005 C-ctype.o

> It is obvious that the list command of uar doesn't process
> the output properly and produces bad filenames.

This is most probably caused by the fact that I removed the optional
parsing of a fourth date field in vfs_parse_file_date() in utilvfs.c.

Please do *not* restore the old behaviour as it is incapable of
distinguishing between 3 and 4 field dates reliable.

Instead a new function vfs_parse_file_date_4() should be created that is
called explicitly for dates that are known to have four date fields. The
old function can then be used for dates with three fields.

I'm quite willing to implement this function (it's mostly a duplicate of
the existing one), but please give me until next weekend. Thanks.

Leonard.