Re: Fwd: XML extfs

Hi!

Sorry, I really dont want to be annoying =)
But is not this interesting at all?
Don't you like extfs idea?
Don't you think about expanding the power of extfs to the entire world
of data formats? Isn't it time to start with a more agresive kind of
extfs initiative? Won't it be nice to 'cd' into the thing you are
working with, be it MOF (Meta object format) declaration, a network
session from tcpdump -w, multipart email message or alike?

Please tell =) I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

> Subject: XML extfs
> Date: Wednesday 01 March 2006 19:44
> From: "Peter A. Kerzum" <kerzum mail ru>
> To: mc-devel gnome org
>
> Hi, guys!
>
> Let me contribute XML extfs to stop all those FAR superiority
> discussions :). Let me start with a brief announce.
>
> * Requirements
> Extfs module is implemented in PERL and requires PERL XML::Simple
> module, that is not included in the std distribution. This module (as
> any other) could be installed with a single command
> perl -MCPAN -e 'install XML::Simple'
>
> * Features
> XML Extfs provides consistent read-only XML exploration features:
> - Listing of XML document. Attribute values and text content are
> included in the listing as part of names (eg: 'attr-name: value' or
> '.text: text-value')
> - Copyout of attr values, text values and elements. Elements are
> copied-out pretty-printed, in 'source' or 'no-attr' forms.
>
> * Bugs and limitations
> # - XML elements may be heavily reformatted on copyout
> # - Datetimes are not supported, so are file sizes for elements
> # - '/' sign in attribute values is unconditionally translated to '-'
> # - Low file size limit
>

> Please, let me know what do you think of this?
>

> --
> Peter A. Kerzum

Peter A. Kerzum