Re: mc-2006-07-12-22 bug report

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, Pavel Tsekov wrote:

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, Pavel Roskin wrote:

On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 09:14 +0200, enrico wrote:
0x080be9e0 in vfs_s_generate_entry (me=0x81043c0, name=0x81b69f0 "WA",
parent=0x0, mode=493) at direntry.c:179
179 inode = vfs_s_new_inode (me, parent->super, st);

See "FIXME: check if vfs_s_find_inode returns NULL" in direntry.c.
Apparently, what's happening is exactly that.  Of course, it's not hard
to check the result and return, but it would be nice to actually make mc
work rather than bail out.

I cannot reproduce this error, so I guess you are doing something
unusual with the FTP server.  More details about that could be helpful.

I've seen the problem in the past. I just have to find it in the archives. There was a particular reason why inode becomes NULL and as far as I remember the proper fix had to be applied in another place. I'll let you know when I find that thread.

Here it is:

  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc-devel/2006-February/msg00010.html

I'd like to investigate the issue properly.

Enrico, would you mind revealing further details on the the ftp server setup. Does your account have any specific restrictions ? What are you
trying to upload. This is necessary so we could reproduce the problem.

Thanks!