Re: non ascii file sort

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 02:35:27PM +0300, Andy Shevchenko wrote:

> ForestCreature пишет:
> > Hello! I've recently noticed wrong file sort order in file list pannels.
> > I use ru_RU.KOI8-R locale. There is no alphabetic symbol order (what
> > strcmp implies?). Attached patch works for me.
> This is glibc related issue, not mc.
> strcoll would have pair case-(in)sensivity functions like
> strcmp/strcasecmp.

I'm not sure two function are needed here. According to glibc, each language
has one particular alphabetical sorting. Whether it is case sensitive or not
is defined by the language, it's not a matter of personal taste. There are
far more similar options which could be user-definable, e.g. the sort order
of special symbols (including whether they are ignored or not). Libc
provides one solution for each language. However, everyone's free to create
his/her own locale.

On the other hand, what I really miss is a strverscoll() function.

--
Egmont