[bug #13146] make tabs and trailing spaces visible

Follow-up Comment #3, bug #13146 (project mc):

I did try it and have been playing with it for a while. This patch
adds (1) visible trailing spaces and (2) visible tabs. In fact I prefer to
think of it as two separate patches. As you suggested on the list it should
be enhanced so that the user can switch this functionality on and off via a
fast key. I would add that the user should be allowed to enable (1) without
enabling (2) and vice versa.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=13146>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/