mc and imap

Hi,

i am a user of mc, and i would appreciate, if mc could connect to imap server and
work with mail messages and mail boxes (browse
trough mboxes, messages, attachments, at least some limited functionality).
What do youthink about these features ? Do you think, that it would be possible ?
and useful? Or you think that these things do not belong to mc ?

It would be fun for me, if i could prepare patches with
this (i do not know if it is possible at all), but - of course, i would probably need some help,
and i am not sure,if this idea is not too crazy and stupid (as majority of my ideas).

Thanks.