Re: AMC patches ported to mc-2006-02-03-13.tar.gz

Hi,

> > > Which terminal emulator generates those sequences ? I've just tried
> > > xterm 6.8.2.0(202) under Cygwin and Shift + PgUp/PgDn doesn't output
> > > anything on the screen.
> > >

> > iTerm on MAC OSX, it's xterm compatible anyway (at least it sets TERM=xterm
> > and outputs the other codes same as xterm)
> >
> > anyway these codes has the same logic as the other modifier key seqs.
>
> Yeah, sure, however from the patch description it wasn't clear who emits
> those sequences. I was under the impression that it's xterm itself.

Sorry. I have added lots of such sequences long time ago to my AMC fork
(made from 4.6.0, when my patches were ignored on this list 2 years ago),
and now that i was trying to update my patches for current mc version,
i found that most of them (except for this two) were already added by
you, commented as 'xterm sequences'. i didnt care to test with xterm myself...

Anyway i guess xterm should also emit these, if the keymaps are set
up correctly, unless they are all hand-coded into xterm as hacks.
(the codes show some logic, being constructed from 2 numbers, one
refers to the key and the other to modifiers, so it could be handled
generaly without listing any possible combinations - probably this is
the reason why for example iTerm emits these too)

A'rpi