[bug #16452] mcedit forgets POSIX newline at end of file

Follow-up Comment #6, bug #16452 (project mc):

I think such a dialog box should rather read:

The file you are editing does not end with a newline as required by many
programs. Do you want to add one?
[Yes] [No]

and - since mcedit is suitable for editing binaries - it would not hurt if
"No"
was the by default selected button.

But a method to warn the user via some red highlighting would also suffice I
think...  the main reason is that I often read about complaints from users
who
edited their files with mcedit - and then the program (again, sudo and gcc
are
the most prominent examples) fails to work with the file (sudo, and there is
no
indication in the error messages about what is wrong) or outputs a warning
the
clueless user does not understand (in case of gcc - although _I_ think gcc's
warning is clear enough).

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=16452>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/