Tarfs problem

Hey guys!

Something wicked is going on with tarfs.

Steps to reproduce the problem:

1) Fetch this tarball:
http://go-mono.com/sources/monodevelop/monodevelop-0.10.tar.gz

2) Extract it by entering to the tarball within mc and copying its
contents outside.

3) You can see a strange directory layout with 204 *.cs files in the
root directory.

Expected behaviour:

These *.cs files should reside under various subdirectories of the
monodevelop-0.10 directory.  (You can correctly extract this tarball in
the official way with "tar -xzf monodevelop-0.10.tar.gz".)

Please CC: me, as I inactivated mail delivery of this list to my
address.

Thanks in advance.

--
Laci