Fwd: some problems with do_*_ca_mode()

This is copy for mailing-list, sorry.

* Forwarded by Andrey V. Malyshev <amal krasn ru>
* From: "Andrey V. Malyshev" <amal krasn ru>
* Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:01:46 +0700
* To: "Leonard den Ottolander" <leonard den ottolander nl>
* Subj: Re: some problems with do_*_ca_mode()

Hello, Leonard!
You wrote to "MC development" <mc-devel gnome org> on Thu, 17 Nov 2005
22:11:50 +0100:

??>> I've found some problems in mc-4.6.1 connected to do_enter_ca_mode()
??>> and do_exit_ca_mode() functions.
LdO> What problems are you seeing?

The source problem was unwrapped output.
I work with FreeBSD(4.11, 5.4) using SecureCRT ssh-client. When I use
"xterm" terminal in SCRT session options, everything works fine with mc
except one: starting mc disables line wrapping. For example, if  I write
under mc:
$ echo ooooooooooooo(many times, >200)oooooooo
it is echoing as one string without any wrapping. The same for "ps axww" and
so on.
Sending proper ca_mode codes fix it, as far as I see.

LdO> If noone has objections I think we should commit this patch.

I can not test it under the real xterm console (with X), I have not one. I
think it is nessessary before commiting, can everyone do it?

LdO> Could you please provide a ChangeLog entry?

My English limps :) But I'll try.

src/main.c
* The way of detecting "xmouse_seq" terminal capability changed.
* Detecting of "enter_ca_mode" and "exit_ca_mode" terminal capabilities
added.
* Calling of do_enter_ca_mode() at startup and do_exit_ca_mode() at shutdown
fixed.
src/main.h
* Detecting of "enter_ca_mode" and "exit_ca_mode" terminal capabilities
added.
src/win.c
* Using detected "enter_ca_mode" and "exit_ca_mode" terminal capabilities
instead of hardcoded.
* Calling putp() instead of fprintf() in do_enter_ca_mode() and
do_exit_ca_mode().

P.S.
Is it possible to obtain basic cvs-version of mc? If yes - how?

With best regards, Andrey V. Malyshev.
E-mail: amal krasn ru