Re: [bug #8135] Ftp connection to proxy uses always active mode

Hi Pavel,

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 11:17, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> Now looking at the result I think that it is somewhat confusing and alse
> excessive  to have two options - 'Use passive mode' and 'Use passive mode
> over proxy'. IMO, the configuration dialog should keep the old layout and
> the ftp code should use the 'Use passive mode' flag regardless of the
> fact if MC uses ftp over proxy or not.

I thought it wouldn't hurt to be able to configure transfer mode
independently for both cases. This way the user doesn't have to open the
VFS dialog in case the modes differ for a direct connection or a
connection over a proxy.

Remember that using an exclamation mark in the FTP dialog the user can
distinguish between using a proxy or not, and he might not want to use
the same mode in both cases.

Leonard.