[bug #13112] Cannot copy to a directory called "*"

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
                 Release: current (CVS or snapshot)
        Platform Version: All

Details:

To reproduce this, do the following:

(on one panel)
mkdir "*"
chdir "*"

(on the other panel)
select something
copy...
enter

This results in an error message:

    `/tmp/abc/foo.b' and `/tmp/abc/foo.b' are the same file.

Even escaping does not work---I tried to copy to /tmp/abc/\*, but another
error message appears:

    Cannot overwrite directory "/tmp/abc/*"
    File exists (17)

To fix this, we need a simple specification about how pathnames are
interpreted (including @ and # chars) and then we need to implement that
specification. Anything else will continue the inconsistencies we already
have today.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=13112>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/