[bug #13091] Open a symlink to edit when save, erase symlink and make a new file.

Follow-up Comment #6, bug #13091 (project mc):

> Weird. I cannot reproduce this on FC1 with MC_4_6_1_PRE from a couple of
days ago. Where did you get this pre4 so I can compare?

I cannot remember, official places to find mc tarballs are still obscure to
me. But IIRC it was from a "official" location as well as previous mc version
I've been using.

> Can you reproduce this with mc-4.6.1-0.14.FC3 (pre3 with patches)  or
latest MC_4_6_1_PRE?

I reproduce it at least w/ mc-4.6.1a-0.8 (FC3 rpm). Let me know if other
tests are necessary (just seen Oswald's post, BTW it's right that "Safe save"
was set in my settings).

> Is it reproducible for non 0 byte files?

Yes it is.

> Could this be a kernel issue?

I would say no, since I face this behaviour for years (kernels 2.4.x, up to
2.6.11).

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=13091>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/