Re: [bug #8135] Ftp connection to proxy uses always active mode

Hi Pavel,

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 11:16, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> Well, I actually didn't know at all that the user can specify a  per
> connection proxy. Now, I see your point.

:-)

> Having in mind that the user can specify per
> connection settings in the url it is obvious that settings specified in
> the configuration dialog should be regarded as fallback settings.

The current VFS dialog only allows the definition of a single proxy.
Hence every connection over a proxy will use the same "fallback"
settings.

> I think
> the user should be allowed to change each fallback setting for a
> given connection. It certainly makes sense to use different proxies for
> different target servers as it makes sense to have differen set of
> connections modes for each proxy server.

Do you suggest a syntax that includes the proxy in the url? What about
defining a character to indicate whether the connection is active or
passive?

Leonard.