Re: text selection problem

Nerijus Baliunas wrote:
Hello,

I am using mc from cvs compiled with included slang on AIX.
If I run mc w/o any parameters, I get black and white display,
but selecting text in either viewer or editor selects it correctly
with EOLs. When I run mc -c, I get colour display, but selecting
text selects it w/o EOLs and instead filled with spaces at the end
of lines.
mc --help says that -c means 'Request to run in color mode'.
Why such request affects text selecting?

I think it depends on the background color. If it is black (or the default background color). Most probably the terminal emulator interprets trailing whitespace in the default color as end-of-line. I don't think mc can do anything about it. But if I'm wrong I'd like to hear about it.

Roland