Re: Removing line numbers from po files ?!

Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
Hi Roland,

Why are you removing all line numbers from the po files?! When doing a
translation it is very useful to know where the string being translated
is used, to make sure you're actually translating the correct string.
Please don't do this any more!

Please have a look into maint/RELEASE_PROCEDURE. There are two kinds of releases, one of them explicitly marked as "translator's prerelease".

I stripped the line numbers because they change too often, and without them we can look at the diffs of the translations.

By default, line numbers are generated when you do "make update-po" in the po/ subdirectory, so there is no problem generating .po files containing line numbers.

Roland