Re: To release or not to release ...

Hello,

> I've _repeatedly_ expressed that I would like to see a release candidate
> from the MC_4_6_1_PRE tree and have that tested for a week or two to
> stamp out any serious bugs that people might find. Minor fixes and other
> improvements can go into 4.6.2.

The release is up now.

Please bear with me until I get a hang on the process, as you have
probably noticed, I have been away for too long, and it will take me
time to get back into the flow.

> By the way, a serious bug *was* stamped out by Pavel Tsekov, so an
> update to latest MC_4_6_1_PRE would be a good thing.

pre5 is up with whatever was in that branch.

> See above for an added fix. Apart from putting a tarball in a download
> tree some sort of announcement on the home page at ibiblio and Savannah
> would be a good idea to draw people's attention.

I need help to cook the full release notes for 4.6.1, as I do not know
much about what happened in between.  Can you assist me?

Miguel.