Re: vfs/extfs/rpm

Hello Roland,

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 13:46, Roland Illig wrote:
> I just noticed that we quoted too much in the rpm script. After applying
> the patch, rpm works again for me, using rpm-2.5.4 on NetBSD.

rpm with a version smaller than 4 is rather obsolete. I don't see the
point in maintaining compatibility with such systems in this case. If
somebody doesn't update their version of rpm it's unlikely they will be
updating mc on this system. And if they do they should be knowledgeable
enough to fix this quoting, which is only necessary for hypothetical
situations anyway.

If we *must* catch this situation I would prefer a test for the rpm
version around SEDCMD and setting it appropriately. But as said above, I
don't think we do.

Leonard.