Re: Dropping mmap from the virtual file system
- From: Roland Illig <roland illig gmx de>
- To: Leonard den Ottolander <leonard den ottolander nl>
- Cc: MC Devel <mc-devel gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Dropping mmap from the virtual file system
- Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:18:51 +0100
Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
I would like to drop the mmap() and munmap() methods from the vfs code.
To make the source code of mc smaller and better understandable. For the
virtual file system, it nearly makes no sense to provide an mmap()
method, as most of the filesystems would have to implement it using
At least, no vfs other than localfs currently implements the mmap() calls.
Another thing is that mmap() does not work reliably on FreeBSD when
using it with files in /proc. The Midnight Commander crashes then with a
There would be two methods less that a vfs implementor has to think about.
] [Thread Prev