Re: When will mc-4.6.2 be released?

Hi Roland,

On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 22:20, Roland Illig wrote:
> the release of a new MC version is long overdue. Also there has been
> some confusion concerning our version numbering scheme, as some
> distributions consider a version 4.6.1-pre3 to be higher than 4.6.1.

Nope. The point is that at December 3rd pchel tagged HEAD 4.6.1a.
According to his scheme HEAD was supposed to be used for experimental
code that should *not* go into 4.6.1. Essentially we where then working
with two branches.

However, it seems Miguel has reverted this tagging. This is ok, except
for the fact that now some experimental code that was not supposed to go
into 4.6.1 is now in the prerelease. I'm not sure if this is a problem,
but this was *not* the intention 2 months ago. But then 2 months ago the
intention was to have a release before the new year, so this tagging
shouldn't be my main concern.

Leonard.