Re: MC and file highlighting

On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 17:49 +0400, X-Stranger wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I think it will be much better, if MC will be able to hightlight files on
> panels depending of it's extensions. I wrote a small patch (see attached
> file), that realises this feature. What do you think about to include it in
> MC source code?
>
> Regards, X-Stranger
>
> P.S. Patch realises file highlighting feature and a dialog to setup file
> extensions lists and save it into MC's ini-file.

This is a very nice feature! It's what I missed since I was using the
old good DOS Navigator very long ago. The patch seems sane, the only bad
thing I found was the duplicated comment at line 543 in the patch that
should be removed and one C++ comment at line 219 that should be changed
to C one.

The other thing that hit my eyes was the Solaris hack at line 428. Is
that really needed? I feel that strsep() is sufficient here and the
sunos_get_token() call might be a source of problems in the future
regarding the portability of mc what brings a neglectable benefit (if
any).

Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy redhat com>, http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/