[bug #14155] 4.6.1: mouse wheel strangeness

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
                 Release: 4.6.0
        Platform Version: GNU/Hurd

Details:

When I use the mouse wheel in Midnight Commander, hoping to scroll up and
down my directory listing just as VIM scrolls me up and down a document, I
get some strange behavious.

When I get to the end of the listing and attempt to keep scrolling, MC seems
to change to another directory. It seems to be going into my history or
navigating up the directories or something. Although this might be a
"feature" it causes me constant headaches.

Partly because there is no visual queue that I am at the bottom or top of the
directory listing, so I don't know when I'm about to be whisked off to one of
these other directories.

But mostly because in all the other programs I use, I can scroll up and down
with the wheel knowing that nothing bad will happen. Think of it as a nervous
tic, that needs to be tolerated... :)

Another, smaller issue, is that the scrolling happens a screenful at a time.
It would be more intuitive if it scrolled a few lines at a time.

Maybe if other people like the current behaviour it could be made into some
kind of user preference or option, "slow-scrolling mouse wheel" or something
like that?

Carbon-Copy List:

CC Address                          | Comment
johnpye                             |

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=14155>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/