Re: A bug

Seyed_Amin Mirzaie wrote:
Hi!
I've found a bug in mc that results in segfault. Here is what I do to get this error:
Go to '/proc/N' (N = a pid that you have read permission to it) -> Go to 'mapped_base' and press F3 or "Ctrl-x q", and you get a segfault.

Hello Seyed,

in Januar 2005, you reported this bug. Perhaps you never got the first answer, which is archived at:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc-devel/2005-January/msg00011.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc-devel/2005-January/msg00015.html

Please install the current version of mc and try to reproduce the bug. When you compile, please add the CFLAGS="-O2 -ggdb" argument to configure, like:

./configure --prefix=$HOME/mc-current CFLAGS="-O2 -ggdb"

This will output the line numbers and statements instead of raw hex addressed. Then it will be much easier for us to fix the bug. But most probably it has been fixed in the current CVS version of mc, in which the viewer has been completely rewritten in the file reading part.

http://pavelsh.pp.ru/mc/mc-4.6.1-pre4a.tar.gz

Roland