Re: Parent directory's permissions in mini-status
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov gmx net>
- To: Leonard den Ottolander <leonard den ottolander nl>
- Cc: MC <mc gnome org>, MC dev <mc-devel gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Parent directory's permissions in mini-status
- Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:51:39 +0300
On Sun, 3 Apr 2005, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> Hi Pavel,
> On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 15:27, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> > On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Sergey Ilyevsky wrote:
> > > It seems that mc shows wrong permission for parent dir in mini-status,
> > > or in long-file (or user-defined) listing mode.
> > Yep - the '..' (parent dir) entry is bogus. If i remember right this was
> > made on purpose because if you are using remote vfs (ssh, ftp) it can take
> > a long time to stat the parent dir. You can check the mc-devel archives
> > for further info.
> Totally missed this post as Sergey misdated his. That makes Roland and
> my patch rather redundant. Do you happen to have a pointer to any of the
> messages you are referring to?
Yep! It seems that I started a thread about this issue back in July, 2002:
But this message sheds more light about the speedup I was talking about:
] [Thread Prev