Re: Is bug in patchfs?

Roland Illig wrote:
pavelsh wrote:

Hello,

mcqnx.diff is a test case for reproduce patchfs error.

patchfs is ok. you can try that manually with

patchfs="/home/roland/usr.local/share/mc/extfs/patchfs"
$patchfs list mcqnx.diff
$patchfs copyout mcqnx.diff ./mc/src/key.c.diff stdout
cat stdout

The problem is the file src/view.c which under certain circumstances sets the number of available bytes to file->st.st_size, not to the number of bytes that have actually been read.

For mc-4.6.2 I am planning to completely redesign WView to be easy to read, modular, reusable, $buzzwords. 2700 lines in one single file are really too much. I will split it up into separate files which will then provide clean interfaces to components like an MCGrowingBuffer that can be used outside the viewer, too. I expect that the code will get much simpler after these changes. But I have not yet started to work on it.

Roland