Re: edit_status () prints bad status line

Hello,

> On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 15:46, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> >   printw ("%-*s  ", w - (fname_len + gap + 2), status);
>
> Although I see no drawing errors after applying this patch I wonder
> where the 2 right pad spaces are printed out, since
>
> w - (fname_len + gap + 2) + fname_len + gap = w - 2

Yes. To see the error you need MC linked against ncurses.

1) mcedit /some/file

2) Ctrl + L

3) Watch the second line

`w' is the number of columns, so
`w - (fname_len + gap)' is everything except
fname and the gap, and then you have two more spaces.

For further explanation read my email regarding the
internal editor + ncurses, the section which quotes
the `addch' manpage. Also read the printf (3) manpage
regarding the use of '*'.

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!