Re: extfs/iso9660.in

Hello Oswald,

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 20:04, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> it's more than that - it is actually outright wrong. awk does not expand
> variables in quoted strings.

Quite possible. Posting this patch seemed the easiest way to get an
answer ;-) .

> but this code seems strange to me anyway ... what is this construct
> supposed to do? it is certainly not equal to 'if ($11 != "") {'.

I thought it meant something like that, but actually I don't know awk.

It's just that nobody seems to pick up the job of auditing those
scripts, so it seemed easier to just put up something for discussion and
be proven wrong about one "catch" too many than to wait for someone to
come up with a correct solution. Of course I should have verified it
myself, but I just didn't feel like it :-p .

I suppose just applying the first hunk suffices. If you feel like
interpreting that awk code you're welcome :) .

Leonard.