Re: [patch] TODO for 4.6.1: ./file in tar archive
- From: "Andrew V. Samoilov" <andrew email zp ua>
- To: mc-devel gnome org
- Cc: Leonard den Ottolander <leonard den ottolander nl>
- Subject: Re: [patch] TODO for 4.6.1: ./file in tar archive
- Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 11:40:33 +0300 (EEST)
> On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 19:52, Roland Illig wrote:
> > this patch fixes the second TODO item for 4.6.1. It is not perfect, but
> > it works.
> I think this can be committed.
> How about my other mails on this issue? Any response?
The root of this issue is here:
2003-10-26 Pavel Roskin <proski gnu org>
* direntry.c (vfs_s_find_inode): Only allow search from root.
Change second argument to superblock to prevent abuse.
* direntry.c (vfs_s_find_entry_tree): Eliminate buffer of fixed
size. Don't prepare path for vfs_s_resolve_symlink().
(vfs_s_resolve_symlink): Remove unused argument "path".
* direntry.c (vfs_s_add_dots): Remove. Fix all callers.
(vfs_s_free_inode): Remove support for "." and ".." entries.
* ftpfs.c (dir_load): Likewise.
Support for "." and ".." entries was a hack that could make the
cache non-traversable from inodes to the root and cause infinite
loop in vfs_s_fullpath().
Reported by FrÈdÈric L. W. Meunier <lists1 pervalidus net>
Keyword is vfs_s_add_dots().
Proposed patch does not handle paths like './/./', so canonicalize_pathname()
is wanted, but this solution is temporary hack only.
vfs_s_find_inode() returns wrong value now and should be fixed.
IMHO this issue is last to be fixed before 4.6.1 release.
Also latest pipethrough changes have to be excluded form this release because
of lack of testing.
P.S. s/autoconf\.ac/configure.ac/ ChangeLog
to fix typo. Also it will be fine to capitalize first letters after : in
Andrew V. Samoilov.
] [Thread Prev